The Livestock Marketing Support Program in West Africa (PACBAO) in ECOWAS Member States constitutes the operational arm of the regional component of PRIDEC and is a support for regional public action centred on PRIASAN. PACBAO aims to find lasting solutions to the concerns of actors in the livestock sector, which is characterized by the lack of adequate supply of livestock and meat to meet regional demand, the very high cost of transporting livestock from breeding areas to consumer markets, the funding constraints faced by private actors working in processing and the weak structure of the livestock-meat sector to ensure the development of an organized, stable market, and to encourage more private investments. It is within this framework that the Swiss Confederation signed a financing agreement with ECOWAS to finance "Support for capacity building of the ECOWAS Commission for the implementation of the regional component of the Regional Investment and of Livestock in Coastal Countries (PRIDEC) within the framework of ECOWAP 2025” for the period 2017-2023.
The SDC thus supports the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Water Resources (DAEWR) of the ECOWAS Commission in the implementation of the Regional Agricultural Investment Plan for Food and Nutritional Security (PRIA-SAN ) of the ECOWAP/PDDAA 2025 in its various components, in particular, its strategic objective n°2: "Promote contractual and inclusive agricultural and agri-food value chains oriented towards regional and international demand and registered in a perspective of regional market integration.
A performance measurement framework with indicators has been defined in order to assess the project's performance. Filling in these indicators necessitates external assistance not only due to the workload but also due to an independent assessment to avoid taking sides.
Objective of the mission
The purpose of this consultation is to provide information on the PRIDEC/PACBAO performance measurement framework indicators throughout the project implementation period.
In addition to the performance measurement framework, the consultant will provide a summary report on project performance during the project implementation period.
A well-informed performance measurement framework and a summary document with recommendations for improving project performance are expected after the consultation.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- The consultant must be a specialist in planning/monitoring-evaluation, agricultural statistics, agro-economists, an expert in rural development have at least a BAC academic level + 5 years in agronomy, agro-economics, economics, statistics, sociology, or any other equivalent diploma.
- He must demonstrate the following experience and skills :
- at least 10 years of field experience in formulating or supporting development policies, programs or projects in the agriculture and food security sector in West Africa;
- have carried out at least one collection mission with regional or national multi-donor projects preferably;
- having contributed to the formulation of the strategic plan at the ECOWAS level;
- have an excellent command of one of the three ECOWAS languages, both written and spoken, and fluency in a second language would be an asset;
- have a good knowledge of projects and programs in the fields of agriculture and food in West Africa and a good knowledge of the agricultural policy of ECOWAS (ECOWAP / CAADP);
- have a good knowledge of the new reforms within ECOWAS.
Fluency in one of the three working languages of ECOWAS (English, French, Portuguese) is required. Good linguistic knowledge (written and oral) of a second working language of the Commission would be an asset.
They will consist of:
- An expression of interest letter, including time availability;
- A recent résumé detailing work experience and similar missions;
- Three professional references (full names, positions, emails and phone contacts);
- Copy of higher degrees(s);
- Copies of work or service certificates listed on your résumé.
- A detailed methodology and work plan for the execution of the mission. (Applicants will be able to download the terms of reference of the mission).
- Submission of applications
Applications are received at the latest on 20 May 2022, at 5 PM, hand-delivered or by email at the following addresses:
Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food (RAAF),
83, Rue de la Pâture, Lomé, Togo (in a sealed envelope marked: “Selection of an individual consultant, for the provision of information of the logical framework indicators and the production of a performance summary report of the Livestock Marketing Support Program in West Africa”
Email: email@example.com, subject: “Selection of an individual consultant, for the provision of information of the logical framework indicators and the production of a performance summary report of the Livestock Marketing Support Program in West Africa”.
Method of selection
Consultants will be selected according to selection method based on qualification as defined method as defined in the ECOWAS Public Procurement Code.
Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted. RAAF reserves the right not to proceed with this call for applications.