ECOWAP is the regional agricultural policy adopted and used within the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAP, 2005). It defines a vision of modern and sustainable agriculture based on efficient and efficient family farms and on the promotion of agricultural businesses through the involvement of the private sector. Once productivity and competitiveness in intra-community and international markets are achieved, policy should be able to guarantee food security and ensure decent incomes for agricultural workers.
This notice aims to recruit a Consultant to manage the content of the online ECOWAP M&E system of the Directorate of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD)
The overall objective of this consultation is to help DADR manage the content of the ECOWAS web-based M&E platform, as will be stipulated in the terms of reference. Specifically, the consultant is required to periodically review the content of the ECOWAP web platform and ensure the content is up to standard and in line with expectations of the Directorate of Agriculture and Rural Development.
Qualifications, Skills and experience
- At least a bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, communications, social sciences, computer science, information technology or a related field;
- At least 2 years of experience in managing multimedia content for a development organization;
- Experience in maintaining websites contents and social media accounts (especially Facebook and Twitter) as well as experience with new media executions;
- Knowledge and understanding of local and global digital landscape and trends;
- Experience with graphic design, ability to create designs for digital media purposes in open-source graphic design programmes, such as Canva, Corel Draw;
- Experience developing compelling content;
- Ability to keep up-to-date on best practices for digital communications and on the forefront of trends, technology, media and best practices in managing web content;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Experience in reporting on qualitative and quantitative analytics;
- Ability to take quality photographs and basic photo editing skills.
Oral and written English ;
Knowledge of the French language is considered an important asset.
Location and duration of the service
One year, renewable depending on the availability of funds and the performance of the consultant. • The consultant will be based in Abuja, Nigeria at the Directorate of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD).
Folder of applications
The application file consists of :
- A letter of expression of interest, including the time limit for availability;
- A recent resume detailing work experience and similar missions;
- Three professional references (surnames and first names, current functions, functions at the time of the collaboration with the Consultant, email and telephone contacts);
- Certified copy of the highest diploma;
- Copy of certificates of work or service rendered, listed in the curriculum vitae.
- A detailed methodology and a work plan for the execution of the mission (applicants can download the terms of reference of the mission for this purpose).
NB : Any incomplete file will be rejected.
The consultant will be selected according to the qualification-based selection method as defined in the ECOWAS Public Procurement Code. To this end, the RAAF will draw up a list of six candidates for the rest of the process.
Only shortlisted applications will be contacted. ARAA reserves the right not to act on this call of candidates.
Nominations are received by the 8 April, 2021 by 5 PM GMT deposition in person or by email at: Regional Agency for the Agriculture and the Food (ARAA), 83, rue des Pâtures (Super Taco ), 01 BP 4817 Lomé, Togo • Tel. + 228 22 21 40 03 (in a closed envelope bearing the mention " Selection of a Consultant to manage the content of the online ECOWAP M&E system for DARD”.'
Email: email@example.com Subject : “Selection of a Consultant to manage the content of the online ECOWAP M&E system for DARD”.
Note: The files of candidates who do not carry object marked " Selection of a Consultant to manage the content of the online ECOWAP M&E system for DARD " will not be considered.
Kindly find attached the Notice of Call for Candidates and the TORs