As part of the consolidation of the achievements of the implementation of the Regional Storage Strategy, the ECOWAS Commission, through the Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food, wishes to proceed with the "Selection of an expert in support of national food security storage systems)".
The detailed terms of reference of the call for applications are available at the following address: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/ijljhrvodowezzgzglqyj/h?dl=0&rlkey=zg9s9ry2fhkw0mactnjelhqh5
Eligibility and Qualifications
This notice is open to any person having the required qualifications as detailed in the attached terms of reference. The attention of interested individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 117 of the revised ECOWAS Public Procurement Code ("Offences committed by candidates, tenderers and successful tenderers"), which provides information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in the competition or execution of a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflicts of interest related to this assignment in accordance with Article 118 of the revised ECOWAS Public Procurement Code.
The consultant must hold a Master's degree (BAC+5) in the field of rural development (agriculture, livestock, forestry, ...), in agro-economics, management, logistics or any related field; and meet the following requirements:
- a proven experience of at least ten (10) years in the monitoring and management of agri-food stocks;
- a proven experience of at least five (5) years in monitoring and managing the quality of agri-food products in West Africa ;
- experience in a regional project funded by the World Bank or other international partners is an asset;
- experience working in the West Africa region is desired;
- experience working with an ECOWAS Institution, Agency or technical arm is a major asset.
The application file consists of:
- A letter of motivation, including the period of availability;
- A recent curriculum vitae detailing the professional experience and similar missions;
- Three professional references (full name, current position, position at the time of collaboration with the Consultant, email and telephone contacts);
- Copy of the highest diploma in accounting/finance or management;
- Copy of the certificates of work or service rendered, listed in the curriculum vitae.
The consultant will be selected according to the qualification-based selection method as defined in the ECOWAS Procurement Code. An interview to assess knowledge, skills and abilities will be organized with the best candidates.
Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted. In the case of equal competence, preference will be given to female candidates.
The RAAF reserves the right not to proceed with this notice.
Request for additional information
Interested consultants may obtain further information by writing to the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com with the subject line "SCI02- Selection of Consultant, expert in support of national food security storage ".
Terms of reference in English
- Deadline for receipt of applications: March 15, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. GMT.
- Submission Links: Applications should be submitted by uploading to Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/request/OoYxwUe8zFACQBzVQBxa
- Application format: the application must be in the form of a single PDF file.
The RAAF reserves the right not to consider applications that do not comply with the above submission requirements.