The ECOWAS Commission has received a grant from the Swiss Confederation through the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation for the implementation of Phase 3 of the Regional Support Programme for Professional and Peasant Agricultural Organizations included in the ECOWAS Agricultural Policy. The Commission, through the Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food, intends to use part of this grant for funding the "immersion of 10 to 15 young professionals in local initiatives to promote youth employment in the "local milk" value chains in West Africa and Chad. The detailed terms of reference of the call for applications are available at the following address : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xnysyxyqaxfc072/AACwPLjNEgwUmVLCeCX2hMeta?dl=0
Eligibility and qualifications
This notice is open to all persons with the required qualifications as detailed in the attached terms of reference. The attention of interested Individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
The professional trainee must hold a Master II or an equivalent diploma related to the agro-sylvo-pastoral and fisheries sector and meet the following conditions:
- Be a national of an ECOWAS member country;
- Be at most 32 years of age from the date of launch of the program;
- Ability to work effectively in a team and adapt to an environment characterized by diversity.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, results-orientedness, entrepreneurial spirit and problem-solving skills;
- Have great skill in business management and a spirit of innovation.
- Master the working languages of ECOWAS (English and/or French/Portuguese);
- Possess skills to work in a digital environment and keep up with the evolution of technology.
- Be willing to sit near the headquarters of the selected project leaders.
The application file consists of:
- A letter of expression of interest, including the availability period.
- A recent curriculum vitae.
- Three professional references (Surnames and first names, current functions, functions at the time of collaboration with the intern, email and telephone contacts);
- Copy of the Master II degree in agriculture, agro economics, animal husbandry, animal health, plant protection, food safety, or any other related discipline.
- Copy of the certificates of work or service rendered, listed in the curriculum vitae.
Receipt of applications
- Deadline and time for receipt of applications: 14th November 2022 at 17:00 GMT.
- Submission links: Applications will be submitted by uploading the Dropbox address
- Application format: the application must be in the form of a single PDF file The ARAA reserves the right not to consider applications that do not comply with the above submission conditions.
Interns will be selected according to the qualification-based selection method as defined in the ECOWAS Public Procurement Code. A skills and abilities assessment interview will be organised with the best shortlisted candidates.
Only shortlisted applications will be contacted. With equal skills, female candidates will be privileged.
The ARAA reserves the right not to proceed with this call for applications.
Request for further information
Interested consultants can obtain additional information by writing to the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "SCI27-Stagiaire Professionnel "
- Notice of call for Applications
- Terms of reference in Portuguese.