As part of the development of the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system, the RAAF has established a database in two phases over the 2018-2020 period:
- Computerization of the M&E system (MESECOPS);
- Support to the RAAF in training staff and developing the system.
In 2021, the computerized M&E system of ECOWAP was launched on March 30, 2021 during the thematic steering committees of the projects and programs, for which the RAAF system must contribute to its supply. Taking into account this development but also the specific needs of the projects, in RAAF 2021 Annual Work Plan and Budget, Technical Assistance for the development of the MESECOPS platform has been planned. This will involve an upgrade of the system to support the new requirements and the installation of MESECOPS on RAAF server.
Objective of the Mission
- Capitalize on lessons learned and best practices and update the platform;
- Install MESECOPS and also install the ELASTIC SEARCH server and the FREE TEXT search system;
- Train project staff in the use of the device.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
In terms of general qualifications, the consultant must have a postgraduate degree (at least BAC [school leaving certificate] + 5 years) in computer science, statistics or equivalent, and be an information systems and database management specialist with expertise in M&E systems.
Specifically, she/he must have:
- At least five (5) years of experience;
- Developed information and database management systems for agencies/institutions/projects/programs related to the agricultural sector in the sub-region;
- Good experience in M&E database development. Experience with MESECOPS or ECOP M&E system would be an asset;
- Designed at least 2 project or program databases;
- Carried out at least 3 external monitoring of a project or program;
- Conducted at least 2 M&E trainings;
- Good knowledge of the institutional environment of the RAAF would be an asset;
Proficiency in one of the three working languages of ECOWAS (English, French, Portuguese) is required. Good linguistic knowledge (written and oral) of a second working language of the Community would be an asset.
Location and Start of the Mission
The desired start date for the mission is August 1, 2021. The total time of performance is 24 men/days of service delivery.
The application consists of:
- A letter of interest, including the time frame for availability;
- A recent résumé detailing professional experience and similar missions;
- Three professional references (first and last names, current position, position at the time of collaboration with the Consultant, email and phone contacts);
- Certified copy of highest degree;
- Copy of work or service certificates listed in the résumé.
- A detailed methodology and work plan for the execution of the mission. (the candidates will be able to download the terms of reference of the mission)
NB: Any incomplete application will be rejected.
Submission of Applications
Applications shall be received no later than 1st July 2021 at 5 pm GMT, by hand delivery or by email to the following address: Agence Régionale pour l’Agriculture et l’Alimentation (ARAA), 83, rue des Pâtures (Super Taco), 01 BP 4817 Lomé, Togo • Tel.: +228 22 21 40 03 (in a sealed envelope marked “Consultant, for technical assistance on the development of the RAAF monitoring and evaluation system (MESECOPS).”
In the subject line: “Selection of an individual consultant for technical assistance on the development of the RAAF monitoring and evaluation system (MESECOPS).”
NB: Applications that do not include the following in the subject line: "Selection of an individual consultant for technical assistance on the development of the RAAF monitoring and evaluation system (MESECOPS)” will not be considered
The consultant will be selected according to the qualification-based selection method as defined in the ECOWAS Public Procurement Code.
To this end, the RAAF will compile a list of up to six candidates to continue the selection process.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The RAAF reserves the right not to respond to this call for applications.