Addendum N°1 concerning the postponement of the date of submission of applications and the age of the consultants
Applications shall be received no later than July 15, 2021 at 5:00 PM GMT, by hand-delivery or email to the following addresses:
Agence Régionale pour l'Agriculture et l'Alimentation (ARAA), 83, rue des Pâtures (Super Taco), 01 BP 4817 Lomé, Togo - Tel.+228 22 21 40 03
Email : email@example.com
No age limit
Kindly find below the Addendum
The ECOWAP 2021-2023 support program defines the scope and priorities of the ECOWAS Commission for continued USAID's institutional and operational support to the Directorate of Agriculture. The Directorate's mandate is to guide policy development and direct regional programming to better enable agricultural development. The operational support is directed primarily toward promoting priority policy measures on intra-regional trade. Institutional support initiatives more generally aim to accelerate the overall implementation of agreed regional and national investment plans for agriculture and food and nutrition security, with increased stakeholder commitment.
The scope and defined priorities of the 2021-2023 ECOWAP support program are consistent with what has been an ongoing and evolving relationship with USAID in West Africa. Efforts to reduce trade barriers and harmonize sanitary and phytosanitary standards remain key initiatives of the program. Building a knowledge management system and conducting effective joint sector reviews for informed national and regional decision-making are priorities for continued institutional support over the next three years. Similarly, the continued establishment of the ECOWAS Agriculture and Food Development Fund is a priority in terms of broadening the financial base for the implementation of ECOWAP.
The program's stakeholders include the 15 member countries, producer organizations, private for-profit and non-profit entities, civil society interests, and technical and financial partners. The program's beneficiaries are West African agricultural producers and traders, food processors and distributors, and consumers. Hundreds of professional and technical staff from member governments will benefit from the proposed training activities to build organizational capacity and improve public sector service delivery. Dozens of non-government stakeholders will be invited to participate in training and information sharing activities to strengthen member organizations, improve coordination of private sector interests, and increase advocacy capacity for ECOWAP measures.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Under the general supervision of the Director of Agriculture and Rural Development and the direct supervision of the ECOWAP/CAADP Program Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in the Agriculture and Rural Development Directorate, the Systems Analyst will implement, maintain, and support information technology and information systems to support the needs of the ECOWAP web platform.
This position requires in-depth knowledge of a functional area. Work is performed under general direction and is reviewed upon completion for achievement of objectives and compliance with organizational processes, standards and policies.
The incumbent will provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult and complex problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practical and consistent with the organization's purpose.
- Act as the lead technical expert for multiple, complex and/or advanced application systems and business processes;
- Analyze, design, modify, and configure application systems, analytical tools, databases, data models, or reports in support of business objectives;
- Plan or support all phases of moderately complex projects that require integration of multiple applications and/or contributions from a cross-functional team.
- Implement consistent project management processes and standards for the area of specialization;
- Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems;
- Recommend improvements to business processes supported by application systems. Analyze and evaluate current or proposed business procedures or problems to define requirements;
- Maintain relationships with internal customers and third-party software providers and serve as the primary point of contact for ongoing improvements and adjustments;
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the future direction of application system technologies/products;
- Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current systems;
- Interpret internal/external business problems, identify creative solutions and recommend best practices;
- Train end users on applications and tools after implementation;
- Perform other duties as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor in computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience ;
- 4-6 years of experience in information technology and systems analysis;
- Experience in business process modeling, including documentation and analysis of functional procedures and workflows, business process reengineering, and user needs assessment as part of IT systems development and implementation;
- Proven ability to advise and train users in the use of complex systems/applications and related issues, and to effectively prepare specifications and other written reports/documents in a clear and concise style;
- Ability to communicate with different levels of technical experience (developers, end users, management and support staff);
- Experience with Open-Source tools and software;
- In-depth knowledge with technical problem solving and configuration skills;
- In-depth knowledge of the company's supported hardware, software and operating systems, including configuration and connectivity ;
- Good understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with database maintenance and administration;
- Strong data management skills, ability to audit, format, model and analyze large data sets.
- Ability to write a concept note/proposal and budget;
- Ability to lead a team of interns/youth and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and complete a well-defined set of activities;
- Ability to solve problems that arise with minimal direction and/or recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- Contribute to maintaining organizational unit performance goals and standards;
- Interpersonal skills and ability to keep stakeholders informed of the project progress or setbacks in terms of timeliness, quality and quantity;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements for programs, projects, services and systems needed to accomplish missions and achieve performance goals;
- Knowledge and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to achieve goals;
- Ability to provide data and analysis in high-level reports and summaries;
- Ability to discern inaccuracies in data through experience and technical knowledge;
- Ability to develop systemic solutions for operational problems;
- Ability to write technical instructions on the use of programs and/or program modifications ;
- Ability to plan, implement, test and troubleshoot system software;
- Strong collaborative skills to build effective partnerships at different levels of the organization;
- Strong organizational and process improvement skills;
- Ability to effectively manage the pressures and demands of competing deadlines and priorities;
- Ability to handle confidential information and documents with the highest degree of professional responsibility;
- Effective use of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Demonstrate commitment to comply with applicable laws and regulations, the company's Code of Ethical Conduct and other company policies and procedures.
- Ability to produce quality work in a fast-paced environment with high daily pressure to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work atypical hours as needed or required to meet set deadlines;
- Ability to work indoors in an office environment, whether cubicles, open offices or private offices;
- Subject to normal office noise levels.
- Oral and written English.
- Knowledge of French is considered an important asset.
Place, Duration and Start of the Contract
- The candidate will be based at the ECOWAS Directorate of Agriculture and Rural Development in Abuja, Nigeria;
- The candidate will be placed under the direction of the ECOWAS Director of Agriculture and Rural Development, and under the direct supervision of the ECOWAP/CAADP Monitoring and Evaluation Officer of the Directorate of Agriculture and Rural Development.
- The mission will begin within two weeks of the signature of the contract for intellectual services.
- The term of the contract is twelve (12) months with the possibility of renewal depending on the availability of funds and the performance of the consultant;
Candidate's Application Requirements
They will consist of :
- A letter of interest, including the time frame for availability;
- A recent résumé detailing work experience and similar missions;
- Three professional references (full names, positions, emails and phone contacts);
- Copy of highest degree(s);
- Copies of work or service certificates listed on the résumé.
NB: Any incomplete application will be rejected.
NB: Applications that do not include the following in the subject line
"Selection of an Individual Consultant, Data Systems Analyst and Web Administrator to support the implementation of ECOWAP-USAID's 2021-2023 Operational Plan" will not be considered.
The candidate must not be older than 40 years old at the time of the application, must be in excellent physical condition for long meetings and extensive potential travel within ECOWAS Member States and outside the Community, as required.
Submission of Applications
Applications shall be received no later than 1st July 2021 at 5 pm GMT, by hand delivery or by email to the following address: Agence Régionale pour l'Agriculture et l'Alimentation (ARAA), 83, rue de la s Pâture (Super Taco), 01 BP 4817 Lomé, Togo - Tel. +228 22 21 40 03 (in a sealed envelope marked "Selection of an Individual Consultant, Data Systems Analyst and Web Administrator to support the implementation of the ECOWAP-USAID 2021-2023 Operational Plan".
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line: "Selection of an individual consultant, data systems analyst and web administrator to support the implementation of ECOWAP-USAID's 2021-2023 operational plan"
The consultant will be selected according to the qualification-based selection method as defined in the ECOWAS Public Procurement Code. An interview session will be held with a shortlist of candidates and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.