The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Commission has received financial support from the French Development Agency (AFD) to implement a programme to support the agro-ecological transition in West Africa in 5 ECOWAS countries (Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Mali, Senegal and Togo). This programme is intended to be extended to all Member States of the Community through additional funding from the European Union, which will be allocated to AFD.
The ECOWAS Commission, through the Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food (RAAF), intends to use the services of an accounting firm to carry out audit assignments relating to:
- disbursement of funds in instalment to field projects selected following a call for proposals; and
- revolving advances paid into the project accounts of ARAA in connection with this Project.
ECOWAS wishes to have annual audits of the special accounts opened by ARAA and audits by instalment of the accounts of field projects throughout the duration of their use by the latter. The audit will have to verify, in particular, that the funds paid into the Project Accounts have been used in accordance with the provisions of the Financing Agreements between ECOWAS and AFD and the Grant Agreements between ECOWAS and field projects, and the principles of ECOWAS Financial Regulations..
To this end, the audit will focus on the following four areas :
- verification of the conformity of the procurement process with AFD Directives (competitive bidding, untying, transparency, equity) and local regulations applicable to the Contracting Authority ;
- verification of due diligence carried out by the Project Owner and field projects in the field of anti-money laundering (AML) and anti-terrorism ;
- verification of due diligence carried out in terms of social and environmental responsibility, both by the Project Owner and field projects as well as by companies holding contracts or their subcontractors, as the case may be ;
- verification of the use of expenditure, with regard to the provisions of the financing agreements between ECOWAS and AFD and the Grant Agreements between ECOWAS and field projects, as well as the progress of works/equipment, supplies and services..
The auditor's assignment will take place in the 5 countries covered by the field projects and at ARAA headquarters: Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Mali, Senegal and Togo (ARAA being based in Lomé)..
The ECOWAS Commission invites consultants to express their interest in providing the Services described above.
The eligibility criteria for AFD financing are specified in Article 1.3 of the "Guidelines for the Procurement of Contracts Financed by AFD in Foreign States", available online on AFD's website www.afd.fr.
For the purpose of assessing the qualifications and capacities of firms for the establishment of the short list, the following minimum criteria will be considered :
- Be an independent Audit and Public Accountancy Firm in the usual profession of auditing the accounts, a member of a recognized professional accounting body and having proven experience in financial auditing of development project accounts ;
- -Demonstrate ability to operate in the 5 countries covered by the project; and
- Have experience in audits of projects financed by French or European public donors ;
- Have a local branch or correspondent in the following 5 countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Mali, Senegal and Togo.
The similarity of the experiences will be analysed according to::
- the size of the contracts ;
- the nature of the Services: audit; and
- the geographical context: ECOWAS region.
ARAA will establish a list of a maximum of six (06) firms, pre-selected on the basis of the expressions received, to which it will issue a request for proposal for the provision of the required services.s.
The interested firms must provide information demonstrating that they are qualified and experienced to perform the present services, and will justify that they have references to recent and/or similar services. As such, they are invited to submit their expressions of interest to the address below :
Agence Régionale pour l’Agriculture et l’Alimentation
Boulevard de la Paix, 83 rue de la Pâture, Lomé, Super Taco, Togo
Téléphone : +228 22 21 40 03,
Email : email@example.com
Subject : Recruitment of an accounting firm to carry out audit assignments as part of the instalment payments to field projects and revolving advances to ARAA as part of the Support for Agro-ecological Transition in West Africa Project (PATAE)
- Expressions of interest will be received no later thant 17:00 GMT, Togo time.
- Interested consultants can obtain additional information at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, at the following times: from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm..
The expression of interest dossier shall include :
- A letter of expression of interest; ;
- A copy of the administrative documents ;
- Evidence of similar experiences and references ;
- Proof of membership in a recognized professional accounting body; and
- -If the consultant is constituted as a consortium: a copy of the consortium agreement concluded by all its members or a letter of intent to form a consortium in the event that its proposal is accepted..