Project Name : West African Food Security Storage Support Project
AOI No. ECW/DAERE/ARAA/RRSA/2018/AOI/03
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has obtained funding from the European Union for the implementation of the West African Food Security Storage Support Project. It is expected that part of the amount allocated for the project would be mobilized for the payment of supply and delivery of cereals to the Regional Food Security Reserve.
It is within this framework that the ECOWAS Commission, through the intermediary of its Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food (RAAF), is organizing this bidding procedure for the procurement of 756 metric tons of cereals. Bids solicited must be sealed by eligible bidders for supply and delivery to the following sub-lot storage locations:
Lot 1- West Atlantic Sub-Area: Senegal/Gambia/Guinea Bissau/Cape Verde/South Mali
- Sub-lot 1.1. White maize: ………….151.2 metric tons
- Sub-lot 1.2. White sorghum:……… 189 metric tons
- Sub-lot 1.3. Millet: ………………….189 metric tons
- Sub-lot 1.4. White rice: ...................226.8 metric tons
Supplies shall be delivered at Sikasso and/or at Koutiala and/or at Ségou in Mali within 45 days after the order for delivery.
N.B.: Sub-lots shall be indivisible.
Eligible and interested bidders can obtain the relevant information from RAAF at the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org; cc: email@example.com and access the tender document by downloading it from the following sites:
- ECOWAS: http://www.ecowas.int
- RAAF: www.araa.org
- AFD: http://afd.dgmarket.com
- Hub Rural: http://www.hubrural.org
- CILSS: http://www.cilss.int
- OCDE/RPCA : http://www.food-security.net
Instructions to bidders and the General Conditions of Contract are those
applicable to the Standard Bidding Document for Procurement by the French Development Agency.
A pre-bid conference will be held on 05 November 2018 at 3:00 pm GMT at the following address: the venue shall be communicated by the same medium no later than 25 October 2018
Bids shall be submitted to the address below no later than 17 December 2018 at 15:00 GMT. Bids shall include a bid security equivalent to 1% of the bidder’s offer.
Bids shall be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose
to attend on 17 December 2018 at 15:20 GMT at the following address: Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food (RAAF) located at 83, Rue de la Pâture (SUPER TACO) - Lomé - Republic of Togo
- Eligibility: the revised Annex IV of the Cotonou Agreement outlines the rules of nationality and origin applicable to the 10th EDF;
- Bidder should not have failed to execute a contract in the last 5 (five) years;
- Provision of a credit line equivalent to at least 60% of the offer amount, established by a duly authorized financial institution;
- Having achieved an average annual turnover of at least 30% of the amount of the proposed offer;
- Having carried out, within a year during the last six years, grain supply operations with annual volumes of at least 50% of the volume proposed in the bid for white maize and 30% for white sorghum, millet and white rice.
To all intents and purposes, having appreciated the Bid Document for complete and detailed information on the qualification criteria.
A 15% margin of preference will be given for supplies originating from the region (ECOWAS member countries).
The address referred to above is:
Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food (RAAF)
Boulevard de la Paix, 83 rue de la Pâture, Lomé, Togo
(Carrefour Super TACO-Tokoin St Joseph)
Telephone: +228 22 21 40 03