Within the framework of the technical cooperation program TCP/SFW/3802 "Support to the ECOWAS Regional Coordination and strengthening of its monitoring and impact analysis mechanism of COVID-19 on Food and Nutritional Security at the level of its member countries (including the CILSS area)", The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the Commission of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) agreed that DADR would develop a number of services, for the realization of which ARAA is undertaking the recruitment of a junior expert (Junior Consultant) to support the establishment and operation of the regional task force and the coordination of all activities to be carried out.
Mission objective and expected results
Under the direct supervision of the ECOWAS Director of DADR, and in close collaboration with the Regional Resilience Team for West/Sahel Africa (RTWA), the expert will be responsible for monitoring and coordinating the following activities implemented within the framework of TCP/SFW/3802:
- Technical assistance to ECOWAS in regional coordination and the establishment of monitoring frameworks;
- Monitoring the implementation of the ECOWAS COVID-19 regional response action plan;
- Compilation, analysis and capitalization of good practices in the fight against the VIDOC-19 pandemic and its socio-economic impacts;
- Production of a final report.
Qualifications, skills and experience
Applicants must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Hold a master's degree in monitoring and evaluation, development evaluation, agro-economics, international development, statistics or any other related field;
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a development organization, international NGO or regional institution/organization working mainly in the field of agriculture and rural development;
- Have a very good knowledge of the stakes and problems of the agricultural sector in the ECOWAS region;
- Demonstrate a solid knowledge of monitoring and evaluation and resilience measurement approaches;
- Have a good mastery of information and communication technology tools;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and under strong pressure, network and have a sense of organization, negotiation and consensus building;
- Have a good ability to communicate orally, in writing and in the editing of scientific and general documents;
- Be proactive and well-organized with a good ability to plan tasks and solve problems.
Fluency in one of the three working languages of ECOWAS (English, French, Portuguese) is required. Good linguistic knowledge (written and oral) of a second working language of the Commission would be an asset.
Location, Duration and start of the mission
The consultant will be based in Abuja, Nigeria, at the Directorate of Agriculture and Rural Development (DADR);
The duration of the mission is eight (8) man-months, with the possibility of extension depending on the availability of funds and the performance of the consultant;
The mission will start within two weeks at the latest following the signature of the intellectual service contract.
The application file is made up:
- A letter of expression of interest, including the deadline for availability;
- A recent curriculum vitae detailing professional experience and similar assignments;
- Three professional references (first and last names, current functions, functions at the time of the collaboration with the Consultant, email and telephone contacts);
- Certified copy of the highest diploma;
- Copies of proof of work or services rendered, as listed in the resume.
NB: Any incomplete file will be rejected.
Submission of applications
Applications are received not later than 1 December, 2020 at 16:00 hrs GMT, by hand delivery or by e-mail at the following addresses:
Agence Régionale pour l'Agriculture et l'Alimentation (ARAA), 83, rue des Pâtures (Super Taco), 01 BP 4817 Lomé, Togo - Tel +228 22 21 40 03 (under closed cover marked "Application Consultant, Junior Expert, for the support to the establishment and operation of the regional task force and the coordination of all activities to be carried out within the framework of the TCP/SFW/3802 ECOWAS-FAO")
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: "Consultant, Junior Expert, for the support to the establishment and operation of the regional task force and the coordination of all activities to be carried out within the framework of the TCP/SFW/3802 ECOWAS-FAO".
NB: Applications that do not bear the mention "Consultant, Junior Expert, for the support to the establishment and operation of the regional task force and the coordination of all activities to be carried out within the framework of the TCP/SFW/3802 ECOWAS-FAO" will not be considered.
The consultant will be selected according to the qualification-based selection method as defined in the ECOWAS Public Procurement Code. An interview session may be organized with a shortlist of pre-selected consultants.
Only shortlisted applications will be contacted. The ARAA reserves the right not to proceed with this expression of interest.