In the framework of the implementation of ECOWAP adopted in 2005, the RAAF, established by Regulation C/REG.1/08/11, was defined as one of the technical instruments for the implementation of the regional agricultural policy. The mandate of the Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food (RAAF) is: "to ensure the technical execution of regional investment programmes and plans contributing to the operationalisation of the ECOWAS agricultural policy, by relying on regional institutions, bodies and actors with proven expertise".
With a view to improving and consolidating the attractiveness of donors in the financing of projects and programmes under RAAF's management, the Steering Committee meeting of March 2019 once again recalled one of the recommendations made to the Agency at its creation, which is that of an internationally recognized certification on the management of external funds.
The aim is to develop and gain recognition for its know-how in the management and technical execution of agricultural projects by obtaining ISO 9001 certification, a type of certification suitable for service companies.
RAAF has thus oriented its certification area towards the processes of calls for project proposals, an area in which it wants to play a leading role and assert itself.
In conducting this process, the Agency needs technical assistance in developing its quality management system for calls for proposals.
The purpose of this notice is to recruit an individual consultant to set up a quality management system for the RAAF's call for proposals process.
I. Objective of the mission
The overall objective of the mission is the implementation of a quality management system for the Agency's calls for proposals.
The specific objectives of the consultation are as follows:
To make an analysis of the overall organisation and current processes of the calls for proposals (mapping);
- Assess the effectiveness of the current management system in satisfying the main partners;
- Compare the current system with the requirements of the ISO 9001/2015 standard;
- Carry out a risk analysis of the system of calls for proposals;
- Strengthen the capacities of the process steering committee and internal auditors within RAAF;
- Finalise the QMS.
II. Qualifications, skills and experience
The consultant must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- At least a Master's degree in scientific, technical, economic or managerial fields;
- Specific diplomas and certificates attesting the capacity in ISO standardization;
- At least 7 years and more of involvement in ISO standardization;
- Strong expertise in ISO standards development, in particular under the reference 9001;
- Having achieved success in ISO 9001 certification, in particular 2015, and on other standards considered as an asset;
- Experience in the certification of preferably agricultural research and development organisations will be particularly appreciated;
- Credibility in ISO standardisation training and ability to issue certificates in this respect;
- Knowledge of West Africa and its sub-regional institutions and organizations;
- Ability to build positive and flexible relationships with partners;
- Ability to focus on expected results.
Fluency in one of the three working languages of ECOWAS (English, French, Portuguese) is required. Good linguistic knowledge (written and oral) of a second working language of the Commission would be an asset.
IV. Location and start of the mission
The Consultant's workplace is in Lomé, Togo and will work closely with the steering committee of the process within the Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food (RAAF) in Lomé. The duration of the consultation is 20 working days spread over a maximum of three months.
V. Application file
The application file is compiled:
- A letter of expression of interest, including the period of availability;
- Recent curriculum vitae detailing professional experience and similar assignments;
- Three professional references (first and last names, current position, position at the time of the collaboration with the Consultant, email and telephone contacts);
- A certified copy of the highest diploma;
- Copy of certificates of work or services rendered, listed in the curriculum vitae;
- A detailed methodology and work plan for the execution of the mission. (Applicants will be able to download the terms of reference of the mission).
NB: Any incomplete file will be rejected.
VI. Submission of applications
Applications must be received no later than 21 February 2021 at 5:00 PM GMT, by hand delivery or by e-mail to the following addresses: Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food (RAAF), 83, rue des Pâtures (Super Taco), 01 BP 4817 Lomé, Togo - Tel +228 22 21 40 03 (in a sealed envelope marked "Selection of a consultant for the implementation of a quality management system for the ARAA call for proposals process").
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: "Selection of a consultant for the implementation of a quality management system for the call for proposals process of the Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food (RAAF)".
NB: Applications that do not bear the mention "Selection of a consultant for the implementation of a quality management system for the call for proposals process of the Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food (RAAF)" will not be considered.
VII. Selection method
The consultant will be selected according to the qualification-based selection method as defined in the ECOWAS Public Procurement Code. An interview session may be organized with a shortlist of pre-selected consultants.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The RAAF reserves the right not to follow up on this expression of interest.
Kindly find attached the Notice of Expression of Interest and the TORs