Within the framework of the technical cooperation program TCP/SFW/3802 "Support to the ECOWAS Regional Coordination and strengthening of its monitoring and impact analysis mechanism of COVID-19 on Food and Nutritional Security at the level of its member countries (including the CILSS area)", The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the Commission of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) agreed that DADR would develop a number of services, for the realization of which ARAA is undertaking the recruitment of a Consultant, Expert in documentation of relevant good practices in the fight against COVID-19.
Mission objective and expected results
Under the direct supervision of the ECOWAS Director of DADR, with the support of the junior expert in charge of feeding, monitoring and coordinating the work of the Task Force, and in close collaboration with the Regional Resilience Team for West/Sahel Africa (RTWA) - in particular with the knowledge management expert; as well as with the FAO teams of the 15 ECOWAS countries, the FAO FAPDA Platform team, the Good Practice Documentation Expert will develop a compendium of relevant good practices in response to COVID-19 based on a mapping of existing good practices.
Qualifications, skills and experience
Applicants must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Hold a master's degree in monitoring and evaluation, development evaluation, agro-economics, international development, statistics or any other related field;
- Have at least 5 years of experience in a similar position in a development organization, international NGO or regional institution/organization working mainly in the field of agriculture and rural development;
- Have a very good knowledge of the stakes and problems of the agricultural sector in the ECOWAS region;
- Demonstrate a solid knowledge of monitoring and evaluation and resilience measurement approaches;
- Have a good mastery of information and communication technology tools;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and under strong pressure, network and have a sense of organization, negotiation and consensus building;
- Have a good ability to communicate orally, in writing and in the editing of scientific and general documents;
- Be proactive and well-organized with a good ability to plan tasks and solve problems;
Fluency in one of the three working languages of ECOWAS (English, French, Portuguese) is required. Good linguistic knowledge (written and oral) of a second working language of the Commission would be an asset.
Location, Duration and start of the mission
The consultant will be based in Abuja, Nigeria, at the Directorate of Agriculture and Rural Development (DADR) for two periods, for (i) the production of the capitalization documents in collaboration with the ECOWAS/FAO K&M Committee, and (ii) the finalization of the compendium of good practices. The other activities can be carried out by teleworking from home (see table above).
The duration of the mission is sixty (60) man days, to be provided over a maximum period of six (6) months.The mission will start within two weeks at the latest following the signature of the intellectual service contract.
The application file is made up:
- A letter of expression of interest, including the deadline for availability;
- A recent curriculum vitae detailing professional experience and similar assignments;
- Three professional references (first and last names, current functions, functions at the time of the collaboration with the Consultant, email and telephone contacts);
- Certified copy of the highest diploma;
- Copies of proof of work or services rendered, as listed in the resume.
NB: Any incomplete file will be rejected
Submission of applications
Applications are received no later than December 1srt, 2020 at 4 PM GMT, by hand delivery or by e-mail at the following addresses:
Agence Régionale pour l'Agriculture et l'Alimentation (ARAA), 83, rue des Pâtures (Super Taco), 01 BP 4817 Lomé, Togo - Tel +228 22 21 40 03 (under closed cover marked "Application Consultant, Expert for the compilation and analysis of relevant good practices in the fight against COVID-19")
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: "Recruitment of a Consultant, Expert for the compilation and analysis of relevant good practices in the fight against COVID-19".
NB: Applications that do not bear the mention "Consultant, Expert for the compilation and analysis of relevant good practices in the fight against COVID-19" will not be considered.
The consultant will be selected according to the qualification-based selection method as defined in the ECOWAS Public Procurement Code. An interview session may be organized with a shortlist of pre-selected consultants.
Only shortlisted applications will be contacted. The ARAA reserves the right not to proceed with this expression of interest.