The ECOWAS Commission has received a grant from the Swiss Confederation through the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation for the implementation of the Programme to support livestock marketing in West Africa » PRIDEC/ PACBAO. The Commission, through the Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food, intends to use part of this grant for funding the “ Selection of a consultant to conduct organisational and institutional diagnosis and to establish an organisational and institutional framework, in view of COFENABVI-WA revitalisation, as part of component 2 implementation of the PACBAO”. The detailed terms of reference of the call for applications are available at the following address: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzwvpnnxhi6qf10/TDR%20%20Consultant%20diagnostic%20organisationnel%20et%20institutionnel%20ENG.pdf?dl=0
Eligibility and qualifications
This notice is open to all persons with the required qualifications as detailed in the attached terms of reference. The attention of interested Individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
The consultant must hold of a university degree of GCE +5, in agronomic sciences, specialised in Zootechnics, Pastoralism, Animal productions, Project management, or any related field, agroeconomics, rural development sciences, or any other related field, and meet the following conditions :
- At least ten (10) years of experience in design or management of regional development projects and programs;
- Good knowledge of the ECOWAS agricultural policy and experience in design of regional development programmes in the field of food and nutrition security social protection nets;
- Experience in development of organisational and institutional tools in favour of organizations;
- Having developed or having participated in developing organisational and institutional framework documents for at least two organisations;
- Good knowledge on assistance and support provided to professional organizations;
- Proven command on manuals, tools and organisational chart;
- Familiar with ongoing regional processes related to procedures
- Sense of critical and constructive team work;
- Familiar with institutional environment of West African regional organizations (ECOWAS, UEMOA, CILSS);
- Perfect command of French and capacity to communicate in English
- Enjoy his/her full rights of citizen and have good character;
- Solid work experience in West Africa is required;
- Good knowledge on professional organizations like COFENABVI-WA would be an asset.
The application file consists of:
- A letter of expression of interest;
- A technical proposal containing the proposal of methodological approach,
- A resumé of the consultant detailing similar professional experience and similar missions;
- Copies of diploma or diplomas;
- Copies of work certificates or provision of services as listed in the curriculum vitae.
Receipt of applications
- Deadline and time for receipt of applications: 11th November 2022 at 17:00 GMT.
- Submission links: Applications will be submitted by uploading the Dropbox address https://www.dropbox.com/request/EpV7RjiEkpVaXuv7JjrT
- Application format: the application must be in the form of a single PDF file The ARAA reserves the right not to consider applications that do not comply with the above submission conditions.
The Consultant will be selected according to the qualification-based selection method as defined in the ECOWAS Public Procurement Code. A skills and abilities assessment interview will be held with the best shortlisted candidates.
Only shortlisted applications will be contacted. With equal skills, female candidates will be privileged.
The ARAA reserves the right not to proceed with this call for applications.
Request for further information
Interested consultants can obtain additional information by writing to the following email addresses: email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com with the subject « SCI34-Diagnostic COFENABVI».
Call for Applications
- Terms of reference