The Regional Animal Health Center (RAHC), under the framework of the execution of the Control of Transboundary Animal Diseases (COMATAO) project, a European Union (EU) funded project under the global Regional Program for Dialogue and Investment in Pastoralism and Transhumance in the Sahel and Coastal States (PREDIP) program, intends to apply COMATAO project funds for the design and development of a regional animal disease database (RADD).
The main objective is to create and run a RADD in web format that will be remotely accessible as a key tool for the regional transboundary animal disease (TADs) and zoonoses surveillance, investigation and information exchange.
The consultancy services (“the Services”) will include the deliverables listed under item 4 below, and the duration of the consultancy shall be for a maximum of one (1) year.
Duties and responsibilities of the consultants. The consultant is expected to:
- Design and develop a web portal with the functionalities of management, publication and data archiving
- Produce a synchronized and inter-operable database
- Search engine for information on the website
- Manage regular publication of processed data
- A responsive website adapted to mobile media and tablets
- Management of interface with social networks including Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, etc
- Improved Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and capability for website
- statistics tools
- Deploy database on RAHC server platform
- Produce a technical guide for maintenance and train end users
- Prepare a database management strategy
- Provide three (3) years of technical support including possible modifications as required, with availability of funds.
The RAHC now invites eligible consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services including the following:
- High technical expertise in information technology and web design
- Demonstrate proven expertise in the design, development of dynamic website in Open Source environment, image processing, video, etc.
- Demonstrate professionalism and discretion with respect for confidentiality of the information;
- Have at least five (5) years' expertise in web design and development;
- Make references to previous similar jobs executed;
The database will be designed and developed in one language with provision for use in the ECOWAS Official languages of English, French and Portuguese.
The attention of interested consultants is drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract.
Consultants will be selected in accordance with the guidelines for selecting consultants set out in the Consultant Guidelines, and shortlisted consultants will be contacted. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the email address below during official work hours on Monday to Friday from 9.00Hrs to 5.00Hrs.
Expression of Interest (1 Original and 3 Copies) should be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of Consultant for Regional Animal Database Design and Development (RADD)”; “Do not open except in the presence of Evaluation Committee”, to the address below latest by 10th March 2020 at 12.00Hrs.
The RAHC Tender Box is located at the Regional Animal Health Center, Parc de Sotuba, BP. E 2165, Bamako-Mali
Deadline: 18th March, 2020
Venue: Regional Animal Health Center