Expression of Interest
Recruitment of a Consultant for ECOWAS Regional Agricultural Policy Support Project « ECOWAP/CAADP » mid-term evaluation.
AMI N°: ARAA/BUDGET/2018/AMI/07
ECOWAS and the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation for Development (AECID) signed a memorandum of understanding for the implementation of a project to support ECOWAP/CAADP. This project mainly aims at operationalizing the "Regional Programme of Support to National Social Security Nets in West Africa - PRAFNSS" of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). This involves support to ECOWAS member countries’ efforts to design and implement social safety net programmes, since most countries have not yet gained a long experience in implementing social safety net programmes in line with national social protection strategies or policies.
This AECID-financed Regional Agricultural Policy Support Project is in its fourth year of implementation and should end in 2021.
The ECOWAS Commission through the Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food intends to use the services of individual consultants for the mid-term evaluation of the Regional Agricultural Policy Support Project of ECOWAS «ECOWAP / CAADP».
The overall objectives of the mid-term evaluation are:
- To assess the extent to which expected project objectives and outcomes have been achieved in a timely manner, while reviewing the initial project design in terms of relevance to a dynamic context, the state of activity implementation in terms of effectiveness, efficiency, sustainability and the perceived impact at this stage. The degree of effective project ownership by the different actors will also be evaluated.
- Thoroughly analyse commitments by both parties (ECOWAS and AECID), the project’s contractual or procedural arrangements in view of making substantial improvements to strengthen its operationalization.
The interested consultants must produce the information proving that they are qualified and experienced to perform these Services, and justify that they have recent and / or similar service references. As such, they are invited to submit their expression of interest to the address below :
Agence Régionale pour l’Agriculture et l’Alimentation
Boulevard de la Paix, 83 rue de la Pâture, Lomé, Super Taco, Togo
Téléphone : +228 22 21 40 03,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Object: Recruitment of a Consultant for ECOWAS Regional Agricultural Policy Support Project « ECOWAP/CAADP » mid-term evaluation.
Applications are received no later than November 28, 2018 at 5 PM GMT.
The RAAF will draw up a shortlist of up to six pre-qualified candidates to whom it will send the Request for Proposals for the required Services
The application package is made up of:
- A letter of expression of interest, including the period of availability;
- A recent curriculum vitae detailing the work experience and similar assignment;
- Certified copy of the highest degree.
For the purposes of assessing the qualifications and abilities of candidates for the establishment of short lists, the following criteria will be considered:
- Advanced university degree (Masters’ level) in social sciences, economics or any other related field;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the design and analysis of social protection issues and social safety nets in West Africa;
- Proven experience in evaluating at least 5 programmes or projects.
- Excellent cross-cutting knowledge on food security, resilience, social protection and agriculture;
- Familiarity with the institutional environment of West African regional organizations (ECOWAS, WAEMU, CILSS);
- Familiarity with ongoing regional processes related to food security, nutrition and resilience (AGIR, SUN, Sahel Strategy, Zero Hunger, RPCA);
- Sense of teamwork in a critical and constructive way;
- Solid experience in the formulation of development programmes or projects in the areas of social protection/safety nets/food security;
- Good knowledge of the project cycle and logical framework approaches;
- Excellent command of English and French (read, spoken, written) is a necessary condition for the team leader.