The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) received funding from European Union for the Support to Food Security Stock Project in West Africa. She wishes to use part of this funding to purchase intellectual services relevant to the project’s implementation.
Services shall include the supply of intellectual services relevant to the project’s component 5, management of which is assigned to the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation and Development.
Through the Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food, ECOWAS hereby invites Expression Of Interests for the supply of the following services:
Expression Of Interest is expected from individual consultants and consultancy firms.
The eligibility criteria for the activities of the AECID funded component 5 are as listed in the ECOWAS procurement code in force and published on ECOWAS website: www.ecowas.int
Applicants, either as individual consultants or as Groups shall submit only one bid. Any applicant (either individual or Group member) found to have submitted or been part of many bids, shall be disqualified. However, out sourced consultants may be included on several bids.
In case applicants submit in Group, the Expression Of Interest shall include:
- Copy of Group contract as concluded by all the members
- Letter Of intent for Group formation, signed by all members and copy of the Group contract therewith attached.
In the absence of these documents, group members shall be considered as out-sourced consultants.
Out-sources consultants’ referees and credentials are not required for the bid assessment.
This invitation of Expression Of Interest mainly covers component 5 of the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation and Development (AECID) funding.
Component 5 seeks to complement the existing decision-making tools by:
- Preparing the module on animal food supply and mobilization and thus complementing the ECOWAS Regional Food Security Reserve’s Manual of procedures, including the supply contracting and mapping.
- A thorough analysis of RFSR operations and the economic analysis of supply.
- Step II of country support process: Preparation of crisis prevention planning mechanisms and tools as well as response mainly based on food and nutrition crisis comprehensive contingency plans and response as part of the Regional Food Security Reserve (RFSR) creation project in West Africa.
Implementing these activities requires the supply of the following intellectual services:
The envisaged intellectual services for the component are as follows:
PI.1. Preparation of the module on animal food supply and mobilization and thus complementing the ECOWAS Regional Food Security Reserve Manual of procedures, including the supply contracting and mapping.
PI.2. Thorough analysis of RFSR operations and economic analysis of supply
PI.3. Step II of country support process: Preparation of crisis prevention planning mechanisms and tools as well as response mainly based on food and nutrition crisis comprehensive contingency plans and response under the Regional Food Security Reserve (RFSR) creation project in West Africa.
Suitable applicants are invited to submit their Expression Of Interest and produce evidence of their having the required qualifications and experience to supply these services. They shall state their area of interest (using the P1 references).
To that end, they shall prove that they recently supplied similar services.
Similar references shall be assessed based on:
- The scope of the contracts;
- The nature of the services
- Area and technical expertise as stated above;
- Geographical scope: ECOWAS, Chad and Mauritania.
The Expressions Of Interest shall be further assessed based on the following criteria:
- Official establishment and operations over the past three years;
- Relevant qualifications, skills and experience in the above-mentioned areas;
- At least three (3) similar missions or services provided during the last five (5) years. Experience in West Africa shall be added advantage;
- Key permanent staff and non-permanent human resources that can be mobilised in line of the requested services;
Based on the applications received, RAAF shall prepare a six (6) applicant short list for each category of service listed in this Expression Of Interest. Service delivery request shall be sent to the successful applicants.
The Expression Of Interest must be submitted physically or by email on or not later than 18th March 2020 at 5 PM to:
Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food (RAAF/ARAA)
Boulevard de la Paix, 83, Rue de la Pâture, Lomé, Super Taco, Togo
01 BP 4817. Telephon : +228 22 21 40 03/22 21 50 01.
Re: « Expression Of Interest for the preparation of short lists of intellectual service providers under component 5 of the Support to Food Security Stock in West Africa ».
For further information, potential consultants may email: email@example.com.
The Expression Of Interest shall include:
- Cover letter
- Evidence of legal existence ;
- In case the company is a group: copy of the group contract concluded by members and a Letter Of Intent signed by members and copy of the proposed group contract thereto attached.
- List and CV of key staff members relevant to the requested intellectual services;
- Key referees/experience in line with the required services.
Suppliers shall be selected through Quality-based Selection (QBS) or Quality and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS)